Friday, March 21, 2014

Energy!


During this unit we learned about biological systems and how energy moves through out 

them. One specific process was cell respiration. Cellular respiration is the process bu 

which the chemical energy of "food" molecules is released and partially captured in the 

form of ATP. Carbs, fats and proteins can all be used as fuels in cellular respiration but 

glucose is most commonly used. I learned about this by looking at a lot of different 

websites and watching videos about the process. I talked about it with my group and with 

my brothers girlfriend who is a biology major. During this unit we also learned about 

photosynthesis. That is the process of converting energy to chemical energy and storing 

it in the bonds of sugar. I watched a lot of little videos about photosynthesis and through 

our experiments I learned the process by answering questions and having discussions 

with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment