Monday, February 24, 2014

Debate Reflection

The topic of our debate was In Vitro Fertilization. Eleanor and I were against IVF. During the debate it felt like we were prepared even though we only officially worked on it together. During the snow break my mom and I talked about my topic and we came up with potential pro IVF arguments. We then found the counter argument and I took the appropriate notes. I collected the majority of information and than Eleanor spilt the information up and made me the first speaker and  she was the second. During the actual debate I "talked" with Madison. The first round went pretty smoothly and the cross fire was alright. I read off of my computer so that would be something I would work on in the future. During Eleanor and Jesse's round it went ok. When it was jesse's turn to talk about her side all she really talked about the process so Eleanor and I could not come up with and cross fire questions for that round. During the final cross fire it went really smoothly and everyone in the group had good argument and it was obvious we had an idea about what we were talking about. This was my first debate so on a scale of 1-10 I would choose an 6. I have a lot to improve on and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment